Thursday, July 8, 2010
Self-Evaluation GERUNDS
I truly don't know how I could have made my grammar instruction more communicative. I believe that it was inductive given that I started with real life questions first, before leading into the explanation of the grammar rule. The questions I asked were real-life. Perhaps some of you could comment and give me suggestions here. If I were to do the lesson again, I would give more examples before giving the partnered activity so the Ss might better understand the grammar rule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, I wish we could have seen more of the lesson, especially the pair activity. You're right, the lesson was very communicative. I like that it blended something very "grammatical" such as gerunds, but it also did it in a non-boring, "hey, this is useful" way.
ReplyDeleteRonda, your grammar lecture was really good. I like your clear and vivid presentation. As you said, you would give more examples "before" giving the activity so the students might better understand the grammar rule. Sometimes, they can understand the rule merely by looking at a lot of relevant examples (even before the lecture). Actually, I also missed that point on Tuesday.
ReplyDelete